Saturday, January 3, 2009

Numero Uno

I feel obliged to say something meaningful.

I could tell you about the two best picture books published in 2008:
The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger
Not a Stick
by Antoinette Portis

Or the three best YA novels I read in 2008:
Feed by M.T Anderson
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part -Time Indian by Sherman Alexi
Tyrell by Coe Booth

Or list some notable events in my personal life:
I quit teaching after nine years of devotedly caring more than now seems humanly possible. I became a student again and attached the adjective Writer to my identity for the first time, and published a picture book in Korea. Rachel got married, and I held a baby and liked it.

But I really just want to tell you about the awesome manicure and massage I got at Pinki's on 73rd and Amsterdam: It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment