Saturday, January 16, 2010

2010

It has been so long since I last wrote and in that time so much has happened! I celebrated my 32nd birthday, the Christmas holiday, and New Years Eve (which is also my parent's wedding anniversary), spent a week in the Santa Cruz mountains working on the first draft of my creative thesis, and had some quality time (and home cooked meals) with my family. Yay.

Now, after a month on vacation, I'm back in New York City and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself! It's all chores and errands and projects to finish...

But instead of doing any of that, I got myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the computer whereupon I stumbled on this passage in the NY Times Book Review:

Like all good narrators, she isn’t entirely trustworthy, but she’s articulate, critical and thoroughly engaged, such interesting company that the reader may not need to know whether that adolescent house-burning was really an accident. She’s a formidable woman, and her story doesn’t hinge on a Big Reveal.

I wonder about that first part. Would you say that's true? Are all "good narrators" a bit untrustworthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment